Friday, December 11, 2009

Office Views

Starting psychotherapy can be an anxiety provoking experience in-and-of itself. I have found that  much of this anxiety can be quenched with knowledge--or at least it has seemed that way from my experience. Over the years I've answered numerous questions that people have had about therapy. Most of them fall into two different categories: logistical or technical.

Logistical questions include how to find my office, where to park, whether to knock on the door or not, and so on. Questions of the technical nature have included how to use medical insurance for therapy, how therapy is done, and whether therapy works.

From time to time I'm going to post some answers to these types of questions on my blog. If you are reading this and have a question, enter a comment on this post or e-mail me. You can ask your question anonymously via the comment feature and I'll do my best to answer it in a future blog posting. To easily locate blog entries of this nature, look for blog posts labeled "starting therapy."

I've already complied answers to many questions about health insurance. You can locate that on my private practice website.

No comments:

Post a Comment